Our Standard Process
At Ideal Radon Solutions we are for here for you. Our certified measurement and mitigation installers put your concerns first. We want to make sure you are comfortable with and understand each step of our process, from radon measurement through the installation of the mitigation system.
- If your home has not been tested, we will conduct a test to determine if mitigation is necessary.
- We will inspect your home and draw up a detailed sketch to review the mitigation process step by step with you.
- Once the appropriate suction point has been chosen we will begin diagnostics. This is done to make sure pressure field extension is achieved. Suction is applied to the chosen suction location while a state of the art manometer (pressure gauge) placed on the opposite side of the basement to ensure desired negative pressure extension. This is also done to ensure proper fan and pipe sizing for each system.
- If the appropriate pressure field extension is achieved the suction site will then be cored.
- Aggregate and or soil will then be removed from below the suction point. Some systems can also tap directly into the drain tile.
- All sub-slab open air sources will be appropriately sealed and/or modified to ensure a proper seal. This includes the sump pump, cold seams/joints, foundation cracks, block cores, french drains, and daylight discharges.
- System is the installed using 3 or 4 inch schedule 40 PVC along the desired route, using fire collars and pipe insulation when necessary.
- System Fan is installed and exhausted accordingly.
- System monitors and labels are placed.
- After installation the system will need to run for 24 hours before the post mitigation radon test can be conducted. This test will take 48 hours.
Minnesota Hockey Olympian Installs Radon Mitigation System after Lung Cancer Diagnosis
Contact Ideal Radon Solutions for professional radon gas testing and mitigation services in Minneapolis, St Paul, Bloomington, Richfield, Eden Prairie, Edina, St Louis Park, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Golden Valley, New Hope, Crystal, Fridley, Apple Valley and Burnsville Minnesota.